8.19.2009

In Progress: Kalua Moola Custom, Part 2

Below is a pic of my Kalua Moola custom with the first 2 or 3 coats of purple paint on him. This paint is very thin and takes several coats to build up a nice smooth opaque look (it took like 10 coats), so that's why it looks a bit "patchy" right now. I left parts of him white because they will be painted different colours. You can see my design + colour key sketch in the background. ;)


In this next pic, I've finished the purple base coat (you can see it's nice and opaque after lots of layers), and I've started painting his eyes. I like to start with the eyes because I think that really starts to bring the character and personality alive. Do you like the yellow paint? :) His nose, ears and bandages will be a different colour, so I've left them unpainted for now.


Next I added an outline around the eyes. I think his personality is really starting to come through. You can see what colour his ears will be....


More to come soon...

3 comments:

Julia said...

It's so cute, Love it!

cabin + cub said...

heehee.. he is so cute! can't wait to see it when its done! ;)

Emily [Follow The White Rabbit] said...

Awww, thanks! :)