7.09.2009

Photos: Toronto (Distillery District & Downtown)

I was back home in Toronto this past weekend for a friends wedding. Their wedding was held in Toronto's historical Distillery District (established in 1832). The Distillery has lots of old buildings, art galleries, restaurants and quaint cobblestone streets.



The ceremony and reception were both held at the Archeo Restaurant. The food was delicious! I would definitely eat there again.



The cake was gorgeous and made by Dufflet.



We had a bit of time to see family and snapped some pics of downtown Toronto.



Toronto's Yonge Street, which was at one time the longest street in the world.



Toronto was having a city-wide garbage strike (it was at 15 days when I took these photos), yet it was still cleaner than I thought it would be. Toronto is known for being a very clean city, and as you can see people are still putting trash where it should go even if it's not being picked up. I was quite impressed! However, I think the message: "Please do no litter" placed on a garbage can by the city during the strike is very insulting!



Below is a pic of Bloor Street. On the right is the new addition to the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) called the: "Michael Lee-Chin Crystal". I love how abstract and obnoxious it is! :)



No comments: