3.01.2011

Urban Vinyl: 'For The Love Of Vinyl' show

I just finished my custom Symbiote for the "For The Love Of Vinyl" group show at Dragatomi in Sacramento, CA. The show runs from March 12th to April 2nd, and features the work of 25 artists.



I named him 'Let Go', which is inspired by my upcoming relocation from Vancouver, Canada to London, UK. I will be moving next month, and although I am SO excited to experience life in London and looking forward to the new adventures that await, I am also sad about (temporarily) leaving behind all the amazing friends I've made during my year here in Vancouver. Sometimes we have to let go of things deep in our hearts to make way for the new love that will grow there.




"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
— Marilyn Monroe



Here's a couple shots of him in progress:



The Symbiote has such a huge head, so I wanted to paint the majority of the design there. I wanted a huge heart as the focal point, as if he's solely thinking with his heart. I wanted the heart to be bold and the rest of the colours to be very soft and feminine. I drew the sketch directly on the toy instead of drawing it out on paper first.

No comments: