1.21.2010

Urban Vinyl: Destroyer Custom

A few months ago I mentioned that I was customizing a Destroyer figure for Argonaut Resins, but could not reveal it until it was time. After the long wait, it's finally time to reveal my custom! The Destroyer was designed by O_Negative, sculpted by Eric Nocella Diaz and hand painted by me. This custom and many others are now available in the Argonaut Resins shop. A proceed of the sales will go to the Operation Smile charity (which provides free surgeries to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities for children around the globe).



When I was thinking about how to approach his paint job, I looked to his design for inspiration. His huge bugged out eyes, clenched teeth and crazy hair made me think of electrocution, so I tried to incorporate that into my paint job -- with the jagged electricity styled shapes of ice blue, lime green and grape. This custom is by far my most intricate piece I've painted to date. I spent many long hours bent over him with my tiny brush painting precise clean lines. I hope you like him! :)


No comments: