1.07.2010

Mish Mash: Plush, Designs, Paintings + new camera!

Here's a shot of my craft table today with 4 commissions in the works. I'm having a lot of fun with these ones. :)



Below are my entries for Matt JOnes (AKA Lunartik)'s Lovely Cup Of Tea design competition. Check out the finalists HERE, and all the entries HERE. It was fun creating a design from a blank template (although I much rather work on a custom in person). My theme for the one on the left was: black + pink, drips and gothic lettering. The one on the right was obviously inspired by Alice In Wonderland. :)



My Mom found a stash of my old art projects from high school, and this one was my fav in the set. I drew/painted this in Grade 11 (mid 90's) for an "album cover" art project. I chose the band "Tokyo Ghetto Pussy" because I was really into their song "I Kiss Your Lips" www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAmN3ji-iVE at the time (haha). I also really wanted an excuse to draw anime-inspired characters, cause I was totally into Asian design. I omitted a "T" in "Ghetto" so the design would be symmetrical. Haha, how "ghetto" is that!!! LOL.



Below was an assignment for Life Drawing class. First we drew the model (I drew her twice because I was bored :P), then using pieces of construction paper, I ripped off sections to block out shadows, highlights and midtones. I did this in highschool (mid-90's). I kinda like it.



And last but not least... my Dad gave me his old 35mm Canon TLb camera (made in 1974)! Wooo hooo! It's got a 50mm 1.8 lens and a 135mm 3.5 lens. I used to shoot with this baby in highschool (yes, I'm that old). It's pretty good. I shot about 95% of my Toronto Graffiti pics with it. I'm really looking forward to buying some 35mm film and shooting with it again.

No comments: