2.12.2008

In progress: Matryoshka fridge magnet plushie & Tea Bag plushie

This is a prototype I made of a Matryoshka, for a line of fridge magnet plushies that I'm working on. The proportions need to be worked out some more before the design is finalized. Those beady eyes make me laugh, but I kinda like them. :P I chose the Matryoshka because I love the simplified design. My Mom always had a set of wooden Russian Nesting Dolls somewhere in the house, so they are a very familliar object to me. Kokeshi & Daruma (both Japanese wooden dolls), are also on the same level of awesome as Matryoshka's are, but I decided to go with the Russian influence this time. (If this isn't the best bottle design concept, then I seriously don't know what is!)



Here is the Matryoshka infront of a page of sketches I did. As you can see, I'm still thinking about that tea bag plushie, too! (After this pic was taken, my kitty batted the Matryoskha around for a while, lol.)



I haven't posted this sketch here yet, and I think now's the time. I want to eventually make a tea bag plushie, too! I think it could be cute on its own, or as a fridge magnet plushie. I was raised on tea, and drink probably more than I should, so the tea bag is very much a part of my everyday life! ^_^ I think it's a natural inspiration.



Anyways, that's a little sneak peek at what's to come. I'll post the finalized designs when they're ready. ^_^

No comments: