9.04.2009

Kalua Moola Custom, Part 5

He's finally done!!!! I'm so excited to finally unveil my completed Kalua Moola custom! He took me a few weeks to paint, mainly because I wanted to go a good job, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to clean lines (I rework them until I'm satisfied they're perfect) and I was having so much fun painting him that I didn't want to stop! lol. Even though I start out with an initial sketch, I still let my inspiration guide me as I'm painting and and I re-evaluate my colour choices + designs as I go along. It's a very organic and of course a very fun process!



I've named him "Tough Love", and this is his backstory: Tough Love has a wounded heart that he protects behind his bandaged, bloody fists. He's upset because he's had enough of broken hearts, so he's fighting back! Watch out, cause this tough little guy is on a mission of revenge, and might pop you in the eye if you're not careful!

Kalua Moola was designed by Lord Mesa, sculpted by Eric Nocella Diaz, and custom painted by me! He's now available in the Argonaut Resins store!




Below is a look at the detail on his back. It's hard to tell in this pic but, his tail is sculpted in 3D and super cute! :) Here's the BEFORE pic just incase you were curious what he looked like blank, and HERE is an archive of this custom in progress! Click HERE for more pics!

No comments: