7.02.2008

Drawings: Superhero Chicks Part II

As promised, I have more girly superhero drawings! (I used the same colouring technique for these ones that I used in Part I.)

First I drew Harley Quinn, one of my favourite characters from Batman: The Animated Series. HQ was once the Joker's psychiatrist while he was an inmate at Arkham Asylum. Instead of curing him, she falls madly in love with him and becomes a villain herself. HQ was only supposed be in one episode, but her character was so greatly received that she was written into the rest of the series (and has her own comics and toys) and she has gained a big fan following. (I think that HQ's character was inspired by Cyndi Lauper, because her voice and bubbly personality are so similar.)



My friend Anna wanted me to draw her favourite superhero, Black Canary, so here she is! I have to admit that I didn't know anything about BC, so I had to look up her backstory and costume reference. BC fights crime in Gotham City with martial arts, and her deafening Canary Cry. I think she rocks because she fights crime in fishnet stockings!



The third drawing I did isn't a superhero, but she's still awesome. I drew Emilie Autumn, violindustrial singer-songwriter. EA is one of my favourite musicans, and I think she wears the most fabulous outfits ever! (Some of you might remember the EA doll I made for myself a few months ago -- I luff her!). I have tickets for her show in November, so I'm super excited! ^_^



I still have Poison Ivy, Batgirl and Sailor Moon in the works, so stay tuned! ^_^

No comments: